Posted on 13 March 2018
As the stresses of work and family life begin to eek their way into your sleeping routine, you may be forgiven for thinking that they are starting to affect how much sleep you're getting. But is your tiredness due to something much simpler?
Sleep experts recommend changing your mattress every 7 years, but there are many telltale signs that your mattress may need changing right away.
With Barretts of Woodbridge's Bed Month Sale in full swing, there has never been a better time to give your mattress the upgrade it deserves. Here are our 5 reasons why you should replace your mattress this month.
1) Creaking and squeaking: If your mattress creaks when you lay on it, its coils are probably worn out. Crushed coils are unlikely to support your back when you sleep, leading to you waking up in discomfort and promoting broken sleep. For example, Dunlopillo's range of latex mattresses, stocked at Barretts, provide Which Best Buy-winning durability and comfort due to their naturally-resilient properties and the added benefit of them not needing to be turned or rotated.
2) Dustmites: An older mattress may become a depository for dead skin, dust, dust mites and bedbugs. You may be able to wash your bed sheets but there is no effective way to clean a mattress. Studies suggest that an eight-year-old mattress may be home to 10lbs of dead skin, which dust mites just love! If you'd rather not sleep on top of that, purchasing a new mattress may be the only way to offer you peace of mind at night.
3) Your mattress sags: If your mattress sags in the middle, or in the area which you normally lay, then the padding on both the inside and outside of the mattress is most likely worn. This sagging is easily visible and is evident if you find yourself rolling into a dip in your mattress when you lay on it. A sagging mattress will not provide you with the padded support that you need to fall into a deep sleep.
4) You can't sleep: If you find yourself tossing and turning during the night, or even waking up in the morning to neck, back or shoulder pain, your mattress should be the first thing you investigate. Even if you can't see any of the above signs of wear and tear, you should be looking into different types of mattresses which may support the way you sleep more effectively. And, let's face it, if your mattress is old, it's time for a new purchase.
5) A mattress is an important investment: You will spend an average of 3000 hours a year asleep, so you need to make sure it's time well spent. Investing in a good quality mattress will help you to sleep better and will provide you with the energy you need to make the most of your days.
With a good night's sleep more important than ever in the hustle and bustle of the modern world, Barretts of Woodbridge will gladly help you to find the mattress, bed or bedding that will help you to sleep soundly until sunrise.
Barretts of Woodbridge's Bed Month Sale is on throughout March. Head into the store on the Woodbridge Thoroughfare or visit our website at www.barretts.co.uk for up to 25% off our wonderful range of beds and mattresses.